We can’t believe another year has gone by since we started The Emerald Closet.
It seems like only yesterday when we were fighting with each other over the site design and trying to find our voice. What originally started as a street style blog turned into a styling services business idea and a site full of fashion and grooming inspiration.
Looking at our goal list from our first anniversary post, we are so happy that we accomplished some of the ideas on that list, including hosting more contests and showcasing more of our personal style. We also had the pleasure of surprising ourselves by forming amazing partnerships with the likes of the GAP, Kate Spade, and Shop Paris With Love. And forming solid friendships with taste makers like Bryan Carle, Laura Cassidy, and Melissa Middleton.
We find it fitting to make another list of goals we hope to accomplish in this coming year.
1. Update the site’s design and add new features – We have plans to make a few updates and add new features to bring our EC readers a better user experience.
2. Roll out our styling services – We’ve always styled some clients on the side, but we’ve held off on really pursuing our styling services as a full-fledged business. With Travis’ new baby and Adria’s new move and job, this has been put on the back burner, but hopefully we can bring it to the front this year.
3. Continue to forge new partnerships and host epic contests – We were blown away by the opportunities from last year, and hope to have even more amazing fashion events and contests this year.
4. Increase our newsletter subscribers – We’d really like to increase newsletter engagement and offer new exciting discounts with partners that will make readers want to be an EC insider. You can help us reach this goal now by signing up for our newsletter on the right sidebar!
5. Increase our social media presence – We went on a bit of a hiatus with social media mid year because of some big life changes. We’re hoping to up our presence and engagement, and in turn increase followers!
Thank you again to all our readers and supporters. You have no idea how much it means to us, and we’re so happy to see how far this site has come in just two years. Here is to many more fashionable years to come!
Here are some of our favorite highlights throughout 2011 (click through to see post):